ARIMIDEX 1 MG
Arimidex is based on anastrozole. a substance which belongs to a group of cancer-fighting medications known as antineoplastics. and specifically to the group of antineoplastics known as nonsteroidal aromatase inhibi-tors. Anastrozole is popular with athletes and bodybuilders as it actively reduces the production of estrogen hormone in the human body.
• Reduces estrogen production in the body after a steroidal cycle.
• Treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
• Balances testosterone levels in infertile men and assist to maintain a healthy sperm count.
• Hot flashes and night sweat
• Feeling sick – (nausea/vomiting)
• Skin rash around face. lips. or tongue – (Hypersensitivity-Allergy)
• Pain or stiffness in your joints.
• Inflammation of the joints (arthritis).
• Feeling weak and/or sleepy
• Bone loss (osteoporosis).
• Loss of appetite.
• Raised or high levels of fatty substance known as cholesterol in your blood. This would be seen in a blood test.
• Carpal tunnel syndrome (tingling. pain. coldness. weakness in parts of the hand).
• Changes in blood tests that show how well your liver is working.
• Thinning of your hair (hair loss).
• Bone pain.
• Muscle pain.
Recommended: 1 tablet/day. (Around the same time)
Avoid to use Arimidex if you are using any of the following medicines:
• Certain medicines used to treat breast cancer (selective estrogen receptor modulators). e.g. medi-cines that contain tamoxifen (These may prevent Arimidex from working properly)
• Medicines that contain estrogen. e.g. hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
• Arimidex contains lactose which is a type of sugar