AROMASIN 25 MG
Aromasin by Pfizer is a medicine containing Exemestane and belongs to a group of medicines known as aromatase inhibitors. These medicines positively reduces a substance called aromatase. which is required by the body to produce estrogen.
• Reduces estrogen production in the body after a steroidal cycle.
• Treatment of advanced breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
• Hot flashes and night sweat
• Feeling sick – (nausea/vomiting)
• Skin rash around face. lips. or tongue – (Hypersensitivity-Allergy)
• Pain or stiffness in your joints.
• Inflammation of the joints (arthritis).
• Feeling weak and/or sleepy
• Bone loss (osteoporosis).
• Loss of appetite.
• Raised or high levels of fatty substance known as cholesterol in your blood. This would be seen in a blood test.
• Carpal tunnel syndrome (tingling. pain. coldness. weakness in parts of the hand).
• Changes in blood tests that show how well your liver is working.
• Thinning of your hair (hair loss).
• Bone pain.
• Muscle pain.
Recommended dose: 1 x 25 mg tablet/day (Around same time daily)
Avoid to use Aromasin if you are using any of the following medicines:
• Certain medicines used to treat breast cancer (selective estrogen receptor modulators). e.g. med-icines that contain tamoxifen.
• Medicines that contain estrogen. e.g. hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Note: This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23 mg) per tablet. that is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’.