URSOFALK 250 MG
URSOFALK contains Ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) which is a naturally-occurring bile acid that can also found in human bile. Ursofalk is mainly used for the treatment of liver diseases and its protective effect on the liver by reducing the absorption of other potentially toxic bile salts.
• Treatment of dysfunctional liver. primary biliary cholangitis – (PBC)
• Treatment of cystic fibrosis in children aged 6 to 18 years – (CF)
• Dissolvement of gallstones (≤ 15mm ⌀) caused by excessive cholesterol
• Protection of liver organ by reducing the absorption of potentially toxic bile minerals
• Soft. loose stools or diarrhea
• During the treatment of PBC: severe upper-right abdominal pain (eases after treatment end)
• Severe worsening of liver scarring (eases after treatment end)
• Hardening of gallstones due to the build-up of calcium
• Nettle rash (urticaria)
Note: Stop the use of Ursofalk if any of the following symptoms in you or child is noticed.
Consult a physician before use of this medicine.
Some medicines may affect the effects of Ursofalk. these include:
• Cholestyramine or colestipol. medicines used to lower high levels of cholesterol in the blood
• Absorbents such as charcoal
• Antacids or medicines used for indigestion that contains aluminum hydroxide and/or smectite (aluminum oxide)
• Cyclosporine (used for immune system suppression)
• Ciprofloxacin and dapsone (Antibiotic)
• Nitrendipine and other similar medicines (used to treat high blood pressure)
For PBC and chronic cholestatic liver diseases other than CF and PSC: 2-7 capsules/day
(or two to seven 5 ml spoonfuls of the suspension)
For CF-related cholestasis: 3-9 capsules/day
(or three to nine 5 ml spoonfuls of the suspension)
For PSC: 1-9 capsules/day
(or one to nine 5 ml spoonfuls of the suspension)
1/4 to 11/2 spoonfuls (5 ml per spoonful) of the suspension per day.
Ursofalk should be taken in divided doses. two to three times a day.
For PBC patients – during the first 3 months of treatment. you or your child should take Ursofalk capsules. tablets or suspension in two to three divided doses. With the improvement of liver function tests. the daily dose may be taken in one single dose in the evening.
Ursofalk® 250 mg
URSODEOXYCHOLIC ACID (250 mg/capsule)
URSOFALK 250 MG